Thierry Henry says Arsene Wenger's legacy is "untouchable"


Arsenal Manager on friday Announced his desire to leave the club at the end of the season.

Wenger, 68, will leave a year before his existing contract was due to expire having led the club to three Premier League titles and seven FA Cups during a 22-year reign. Wenger signed his fellow Frenchman Henry from Juventus in 1999, and he went on to score 228 times for the Gunners, winning the Premier League title three times and Golden Boot four times. "Recently, people were always confusing what the team were doing at present with his legacy. Once you announce you are leaving, people are going to talk about your legacy, and his legacy is untouchable. "I'm happy now we can talk about that legacy. Yes, let's not forget we need to win the Europa League, let's not get lost in celebrating, it would be an amazing achievement and a great way to give him an exit. "But I'm finally happy that now, the talk we can all have his about his legacy. It was a bit of a mixed one; it's a sad day for me to see the big man leaving the club, and happy in the way that people are hopefully going to give him the exit he deserves. Former Arsenal defender Nigel Winterburn says he would be delighted if Patrick Vieira replaced Wenger "I think recently it has been really hard for him, and the club, let's not forget about the club because it's about them too. "I hope, starting from Sunday, people are going to go to the game, not only to see one of his last games, but to give him a good exit." Henry gave an insight into how Wenger made him feel as a player, and said that his man-management skills gave him huge confidence. "The boss was the type of man that was going to trigger your brain on what you can achieve, then it's up to you to achieve it, go out there and perform. He gave you that freedom. Celtic's majority shareholder Dermot Desmond says the club will not stop Brendan Rodgers talking to Arsenal "I used to go to his office sometimes to argue about whatnot, but I'd leave the office not even having really argued my point, but felt like I was the best player in the world. He would give you that pep talk. "He was able to trigger your brain in the right way, make you able to show everyone what you're made of." Henry, Belgium's assistant manager, was asked if he would consider taking over at the Emirates having previously said in February it would be a dream, but the 40-year-old was reluctant to give any indication this time. "Look at me laughing! Listen, I'm not going to go that way again. I was trying to talk from the heart and it went a bit, I would say, too far. "There is one person you can ask that person to, and that's Ivan Gazidis. He's the one who should be answering the question. "I am here today to interview Pep Guardiola and Raheem Sterling. I cannot help you with more than that."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why North won’t allow Nnamdi Kanu continue with Biafra – Northern elders chairman

Biafra:I WILL SHUT DOWN KADUNA AFTER LAGOS NNAMDI KANU BLOWS HOT SEE( VIDEO)